Reread, Relisten, & Rewatch
Reread, Relisten, and Rewatch should be added to the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle list. The written or spoken word, music, and movies do not wear out and some get better with time. Lucky for us there are people willing to share used media for others to enjoy.
If you are an avid reader who enjoys the aesthetics of a book, you may find yourself with mountainous piles and shelves full of books that you have already read. Or maybe you are a movie buff or music lover who can’t resist a sale. Piles of stuff that you no longer want or need can add stress to your life and can add trash to the landfill. Perhaps it’s time to share your media treasures!
Shop or sell/donate to your local Goodwill or Half-Price Books. It’s easy!
Half Price Books – You can either sell your used books, buy used books at a discounted price or BOTH!
Accepted: Children’s books, hardback books, paperback books, DVDs, audiobooks, CDs, LPs, Magazines, Audiobooks, Video Games, Video Game Consoles, and E-readers.
- Tips: Make sure that you bring good quality, nondamaged materials. Books should have little to no highlighter marks or underlining and though they can be in less than perfect condition, they should not “smell funny”.
- CDs and DVDs should have little to no scratches and should be in their original cases.
- Books and magazines that are new and trending tend to bring more money than last year’s hottest reads.
- Half-Price Books donates or recycles what they cannot resell.
Goodwill – If you don’t want to bother with selling your books, movies, or music, or if you are only looking to buy this might be the option for you. Plus, as an added bonus you can write off the donation on your taxes.
Accepted: Gently used books, movies and music, video games, game consoles, E-readers, and Audiobooks.
- Flip through your books to make sure you haven’t left any personal items between the pages.
- Make sure that CDs and DVDs are in their correct packaging.