Recycling Drop-off Center Locations
Residents are encouraged to consider subscribing to curbside recycling service through a private recycling provider. Regulations prohibit the District from locating Recycling Drop-off Centers in geographical locations where curbside recycling is available. Currently, Ray’s Trash Service and Republic Services offer convenient curbside recycling service to much of Hendricks County.
Lizton Recycling Drop-Off Center
Coatesville Recycling Drop-Off Center
Stilesville Recycling Drop-Off Center
North Salem Recycling Drop-Off Center
- Cardboard (broken down)
- Plastic bottles, jars and, jugs that held food, beverage, detergent, shampoo, lotion, etc.
- Metal and aluminum cans
- Glass bottles and jars that held food or beverage
- Gable top and aseptic cartons (milk or juice cartons; juice, broth, wine boxes)
Items not accepted include:
- Plastic bags (all items should be loose in the recycling bins)
- Styrofoam / polystyrene
- Scrap metal
- Any sort of plastic items that aren’t listed as acceptable
- Building materials
*When in doubt, throw it out!
*All recyclables should be loose in the recycling bins–no bagged materials (except for shredded paper).
*Cardboard should be broken down to conserve space in the bins.
*All food containers should be rinsed and lids removed and discarded.
Paper Retriever Program:
Paper Retriever bins are located throughout the community. The bins can most often be found near schools and churches in the area. Newspaper, office paper, junk mail, magazines and catalogs are accepted in the Paper Retriever bins and the not-for-profits that host the bins receive funding based on the amount of paper collected.